Forget wasting hours weeding through hundreds of matches (“bagels”) that don’t interest you. If you're a guy, you'll be sent 21 potential matches everyday. Women get a curated group of five matches, made up of guys who have said “Yes”. But the downside is if you're used to unlimited swiping, you're going to have to be a little patient.
Here at Virtual Dating Assistants, we prefer to move at our own pace rather than be restricted by a slow drip-feeding process like that of CMB or eHarmony. Who wants to wait around for their perfect date instead of going out and finding it?
But here’s the upside for you – if you don’t yet have a virtual dating assistant to do it all for you – CMB won’t take much time to manage at all. And the quality of the users on this app is generally quite high.
You have 24 hours to either “like” or “pass” on your bagels. If you both hit like, you can start chatting with each other.
But there’s a catch – the CMB texting platform is only available for 8 days. This actually makes it a lot easier to plan a date since you both know you only have 8 days to swap phone numbers or make plans to meet.
CMB uses an internal currency called ‘coffee beans’ that allows you to see more information about your matches, such as who your mutual friends are. You can also use the beans to reconnect with a bagel you previously passed on.
You earn coffee beans by using the platform regularly, inviting friends to use the app, sharing on social media, and completing tasks like filling out your CMB profile or giving feedback on why you passed on a specific match. You can also buy coffee beans in increments of 100, 2,000 and 3,000.
CMB seems to attract young professionals and sophisticated women. If you’re looking for a quality relationship and aren’t in any particular hurry to find it, CMB is a good place to start. 70% of CMB users said they are looking for a relationship, while only 12% want a casual hook up.
Setting up a CMB profile is quick and easy because it’s all done through Facebook. With the click of a button you are immediately set up with a profile including your name, age, and photos from your Facebook profile.
Here’s a pro tip: Take the time to fill out the short profile questions, because the answers increase your likelihood of being matched with women. The profile page consists of three statements: “I am…” “I like…” and “I appreciate when my date…”
Because she’s only receiving around five matches a day, she’s definitely going to read your profile. Click here for some tips on how to write a profile that will make her “like” you every time.
Like any dating app, CMB has some pros and cons.
- Because users aren’t overwhelmed with matches and unwanted messages, women are more responsive than those on Tinder or OkCupid. It’s relatively easy to set up a first date.
- CMB profiles aren’t searchable, so if limiting your exposure is a big concern, this app is a good choice. She’ll only be able to see your profile when she’s matched with you.
- It doesn’t require a huge time investment. You can’t browse profiles, and you’ll only get messages from women whose profiles you like.
- You get less than two dozen matches per day and you can’t search profiles, so you have limited control over who you meet and the number of dates you go on.
- CMB’s matching algorithm isn’t the most sophisticated out there. Matching is based on only five criteria: age, height, distance, ethnicity, and religion. Although you can explain why you said yes or no to every bagel, it’s unclear how much this influences future matches.
In a nutshell…
Coffee Meets Bagel is not the best app for you if you’re looking for a quick hook-up. And if you’re looking to find a serious relationship quickly, you probably won’t want to rely exclusively on the matches it provides.
On the flip side, it’s a great app for those who are looking for quality dates and don’t have a ton of time to invest in meeting people online.
However, because of the way it’s designed, you’re probably not going to be going on dates very often, so it’s usually wise to combine CMB with another site like OkCupid or Match.com.
Download the CMB app here:
If you’re too busy to manage multiple dating profiles at a time, consider hiring a virtual dating assistant.
It’s the best way to meet attractive women quickly, without having to do all the work. Our dating experts can find and message quality women across multiple dating sites and apps, so all you have to do is show up for the first date!
Finding your perfect girl has never been easier. Click here for more information.